Splendid Delights to Sink Your Teeth Into

We are led by our passions for all things born of the past and found in the present.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You, Me and $10 bucks!


I'm on a bit of a budgie these days, so I try to find inexpensive things to do that are interesting.
If you have a car and $10.00 I HEAVILY suggest " The John Paul Getty Museum". 
The museum is free, the ten dollars is for parking and the fun....Prriceless, like the Art.
I was sincerely impressed by the pieces that were all around Me, although, if you get too close they let you know.
You can take pictures of the art that is owned by the Getty, but not the pieces on loan.
There is such a great selection of items and it is constantly changing. 


The Getty also features a Magnificent garden. You can pack a picinic and eat at the garden or opt for a few of their eateries. 
I found the entire experience really relaxing (don't go with kids). It would be nice to take a book and read it on their vast Lawns.
Go, You won't regret it! 
(this is a photo of my new bed, ummm I mean a peice from the Getty.)

Here is a list of the current exhibitions:

No comments: