Splendid Delights to Sink Your Teeth Into

We are led by our passions for all things born of the past and found in the present.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls In A Snap!

Quick, Simple, Instant Gratification!


I made an Apricot Tart a few days ago. As you may or may not know, the Pepperidge Farms puff pastry comes with 2 separate sheets of dough. I had already used one sheet for the tart. The other one was just hanging around and in the back of my mind~ I knew I needed to use it up. It's Sunday am and I'd like to give the fam a quick~nothing says loving like something from the oven treat. First thing, I turned the oven on to 375 degrees. I grabbed the said puff pastry, some cinnamon, sugar, butter & toasted, sliced almonds. I unrolled the puff pastry, lightly spread room temperature butter over the dough. A light sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon and then a scattering of almonds. Rolled it up~tightly. Grabbed my cookie sheet, plopped a Silpat liner on it. I sliced up the puff pastry roll into 1 inch slices. This gave me 12 pieces. I spread them out on the sheet, slid them into the oven and in about 15 minutes, I had wonder of wonders, cookie size cinnamon rolls with caramelized bottoms (from the sugar). Delightful! Just to top it off, I placed 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons room temp. butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1-2 tablespoons cream into a small bowl, whisked it up and spread it lightly upon the toasty surface of the cooling rolls. When you bite into these treats, they are crispy, light, delicately flavored treats. You won't feel like you have a stone in your tummy afterwards. Well unless you ate them all!

No comments: