Splendid Delights to Sink Your Teeth Into

We are led by our passions for all things born of the past and found in the present.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Green without spending green!






Don't get pinched, St. Patrick's Day 
is coming right up!

Don't forget next Tuesday, March 17, is St. Patrick's Day. It seems these days it's not only the Irish that celebrate, but everyone is joining in. The more the merrier! I wanted to decorate using green without spending lots of green. Taking a turn around my house I gathered things that spoke to me. My mom was Irish so I found myself collecting more sentimental things, such as her baby picture, sweet woven ribbon and the likes. You can see in the picture above that I collected many things from my yard. Twigs, mossy stones, smallish pinecones, garden pots, bark, birds nest etc. From the craft box, moss and natural twine. See what I was able to do with one wilting shamrock and lots of desire! 

The challenge was to use a plastic covered, wilting shamrock from the market. I removed the plastic and placed the plant in a quaint basket. I added mossy stones, a birds nest, twiggy bird and twigs from my yard and a picture of my Irish mom. Voila! 

I also experimented using a small tin French hanging basket and another rustic garden pot I had purchased while shopping at Antropologie. You really can't go wrong using whatever is around you. We usually tend to surround ourselves with the things we love and inspire us.

If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky!   
Irish quote-






1 comment:

Beckwith Road said...

The luck of the Irish! This is so cute and chic!
You are truly brilliant!