Splendid Delights to Sink Your Teeth Into

We are led by our passions for all things born of the past and found in the present.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Make-up 101


  by Kristen

I have to say that when it comes to the subject of cosmetics, I'm a junkie. So when asked what was in my make-up bag I have to be honest, My cosmetic do not even come close to fitting in a bag.
There are essentials that we can not live without and everyone's differ.
For instance I don't leave the house without under eye concealer, mascara and lip gloss or I look like a walking nightmare. 

Mascara-Some think Mascara is all the same-this statement is rubbish. It's all in the brush and I've tried them all.
Best: Maybelline- Lash Stilleto, Max Factor, Urban Decay- Fatty Mascara, Christian Dior- Show, Ysl and Tarte.
Not My faves: (New) Givenchy (Messy), Too Face- Lash injection (doesn't come off), Benefit Bad Gal (doesn't do alot) and Maybelline-Great Lash (I'm allergic).
*The thing is that just like you can't eat Ice Cream without a spoon, you shouldn't use Mascara without a lash curler (Shu Uemura and MAC make my faves). If you're going to go for it-go for it. Show Babmi what's up!

Under Eye Concealer-Brighten the face and take off ten years.
The best I've ever used is Benefit Boing! To take off the years place the product on the most receded part of the face, where the bridge of your nose recedes to your eyes and follow to the outter corner of the eye.
  I prefer to place the product with a concealer brush (Sephora makes a great one). This makes for flawless application that looks natural. Take your pressed powder and pat the under eye area and it will last all day.

Lipgloss-Ever been out and run into someone you haven't seen for years and you look like you've been hit by a semi-truck? And, of course, that person looks perfect...
This is where lipgloss comes in. 
I always have a lip product on. I'm a fan of MAC glosses because the price is great ($14). They
 make every color and your lips look luscious. Don't love MAC? Try Bare Escentuals Buxom Glosses. A bit pricier ($18), these plump without burn. 

Now, for home and overnight, buy Palmer's Cocoa Butter Sticks to replace whatever you are currently using. These are amazing and I've turned TONS of people on to them. These will make your lips super soft and chapped lips are a thing of the past! Hard to find, I usually have to go to Rite-aid in Calabasas, where I will buy ALL of them ($3.99).


Here's what I use everyday....Fresh foundation (spf 20 and great), Benefit Boing Under Eye Concealer, l'Occitane pressed powder, Mac Paint for the eyes (in Painterly), Benefit Cake Liner, Tarte Bronzer (The Best), MAC blush, Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara, Mac Brow powder, and MAC gloss.  
 
Now go greet your public!
                                                                                                      
Cinderella- you shall go to the ball.
-The Fairy Godmother

2 comments:

Lucas said...

You are always beautiful! Even at 3:37 in the morning!

Beckwith Road said...

Two other amazing lip balms are:
Lip Satin by Mor available at Anthropologie
and
Opera Mint Lip Balm by Tokyo Milk also at Ånthropologie